I was quite surprised to be nominated for several blog awards by Jen Wagner! This lady has been a blessing in my life. Her comments make me feel like a best seller and I haven’t even published YET 😉 If you haven’t visited Jen, stop by her blog and say hello. She has amazing YA book reviews and fun posts 🙂
Now for the awards ~
1. Thank the nominator
2. Nominate others that are worthy of that award in your opinion (see below.)
3. Tell us 7 things about yourself (and let us know where to read them, you can use your blog, but not everyone does). Make sure the people you nominate know they have been nominated.
OK, to begin, here are 7 things about me that you may not know…
1. My favorite breakfast food is scrapple. If you live on the east coast you are familiar with this delicious breakfast meat! Since I am living on the west coast, I miss it something fierce.
2. I’ve worked in 2 Washington zoos. In research and as education coordinator. It was an amazing experience and I miss the animals. I used to share my morning cup of tea with a cougar named Merlin. He would purr and ‘tell’ me all about his evening while the zoo was closed. I miss that!!!
3. My favorite chocolate is infused with chili peppers.
4. I worked my way through college as a nanny. Several of ‘my kids’ are now in college themselves.
5. I quilt by hand the way my grandmother taught me. I prefer to hand piece. It’s soothing, almost like a meditation.
6. Jasmine tea is my favorite tea. I’m a tea drinker!!
7. I have a huge collection of rocks. When I was little, my dad would take me to caverns and I became fascinated with them. Now I have calcite, galena, malachite, quartz and dozens of other rocks from around the world lined up in my windowsills.
Rules for Reader Appreciate Award
1. Include the award logo somewhere in your blog.
2. Answer the 9 questions below
3. Nominate 10 to 12 blogs you enjoy. Or you pick the number. My nominations are below.
4. Pay the love forward: Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate.
5. Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
Questions for me to answer for the Reader Appreciate Award :
What is your favorite color?
Orange or yellow has always been my color of choice. They just make me so happy. My office is a pumpkin color and my entryway is a buttery yellow. When the rays of sunset hit them, it has the most beautiful glow.
What’s your favorite animal?
Don’t think I have a favorite. They all have a charm and beauty all their own.
What is your favorite pattern?
stars!!! I’ve always had a thing for stars since I was a little girl.
Favorite day of the week?
Friday, what do you expect from a Fringe addict? And before Fringe, there was Stargate SG1. Gotta love SciFi Fridays!
What is your passion?
World building. I absolutely love creating a storybook world that opens readers eyes, makes them think in different way or see things in a new light. It’s what I’ve always dreamed of doing.
For this award you are supposed to list 7 things about yourself which I did above 😉
But since you’ve read this far, I’ll give you one more…
I’ve traced my family tree on my dad’s side back to the early 1600s and the Brady family originated in Scotland. When I visited Scotland a few years ago, before my research, I fell in love with Scotland. Almost the feeling of coming home!! Makes me very curious about genetics and preferences.
And now for me to nominate some amazing writers for these awards:
D.T. Dyllin (@DTDyllin) Check out her bog, she has exciting news!!
Nicolette Reed (@Nicolette_Reed) She has a fantabulous sense of humor and wonderful person!!
Cyndi Briggs (@DrCyndiBriggs) She is an amazing woman full of insight and inspiration. She even took time from her busy schedule once to talk to a very nervous beginning blogger (me!) and helped me through the fears.
I completely understand if you do not wish to participate in the awards. Time is a premium in the writing life. YOU are a creative and inspiring group of bloggers and I am blessed to know you!!